Friday, June 17, 2011

Hello, Again

So here we are . . . updating again.  Fancy that.  As Jen has previously explained, we've both been super busy lately, you know, with life and stuff.  So, since we've ditched our weekly themes, I thought I'd post some photos that I've either taken recently or have been thinking of lately.

Da
This first one, was taken during a set of portraits of my father.  He requested that I do a portrait shoot with him a while ago, and we finally got around to it in the last week or so.  I'm very fond of this photo because of the clarity and the great lighting. I really love the effect of outdoor natural lighting.  This was taken in the shade of my father's heavily wooded backyard, a quality that really helps balance the lighting.  I also like the natural pose and posture and slightly contemplative look on Da's face.  I think this is a pretty good representative photo of him, which is the goal of such a shoot.

This next shot, also a portrait, shares a lot of similarities with the previous: natural outdoor lighting, shade, etc.  One big difference however, is the nature of the moment in which it was taken.  This shot is completely unposed; in fact, the model featured was wholly unaware of my camera sniping ways.  What's really great about the shot is that it manages to capture a certain essential Jane-ness: she's smiling, her eyes are open and bright, and her hair is curling sweetly.  I think that her being unaware of the photographer is part of helps this photo be so cute.

This last photo has little to do with the previous two.  I took it last fall in the backyard when we got a surprise visit from a mushroom colony of some enormity.  I really loved the shots that resulted, but never really got around to using and/or editing them.  This one I like mostly because the contrast in focus between the foreground and the background is eyecatching. I'm also fond of the feel of the photograph.  This photo has a very autumnal feel to it with the browns, ochres, and yellows as well as the general dampness of the wood.

So anyway, that's what I've been working on of late. This weekend, tomorrow in fact, I'll be visiting a lovely yert garden for some photo awesomeness.  So, look forward to some more nature photography soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment